Sunday 8 February 2015

RECOUNT BY DANII

Long Weekend
It was 6:30am in the morning - ON A WEEKEND!! I had to get up bright and early for the Niuean Tag Tournament. Although surprisingly I was not allowed to play, I was forced to go and support my siblings and my village, Lakepa.
Everyone was rushing around like pigs on a farm looking for their red uniforms and bags they had prepared the night before. Not long after we headed off to the field.
As we arrived the rain started to pour and pour and pour!! I was soaked and freezing cold, at times like this I wish I had just stayed at home in my big, warm, comfortable bed doing anything other than this. To make it worse, there was no shelter so I had to sit on the disgusting, muddy, wet grass.
The horn blew and it was time for the first game. Everyone began to crowd around the field but I just couldn’t stand the rain anymore so I snatched the iPad and went and sat in the car. When the horrible rain stopped I decided to get out and go watch the finals.
In shock, Lakepa made it to the finals but I didn’t watch the game. They placed 2nd overall and the team went home happy and proud that horrible, rainy day.
By Danii


2 comments: