Tuesday 24 February 2015

A Special Time

Written by Sammy Topia.

For our writing test we had to write about a special time or something special we did with our whanau. Here is my story...(partly edited)

New Born Baby.

At 7.20pm, my brother's girlfriend had given birth to their first new born, named Jacob. I was so shocked and relieved because my brother's girlfriend was so scared that she wasn't going to have the baby at that particular time and day.


Getting called up by the mid-wife was so frightening just because my brother's girlfriend did not actually know what she had to do, at that time. My sister in law was in great pain. She could hardly feel herself.

My sister in law was arguing with the nurses for half an hour. She wasn't allowed to push or anything. After time ticked on she finally had her baby - Jacob. My nana was so relieved and blank. It was indescribable.

Meanwhile, my sister-in-law rang her dad to come and pick her up, but the mid-wife was trying to explain herself properly, that they couldn't take the baby home as they needed to see the baby's sugar levels go back to normal, and also, because they still needed to do more blood tests. To be honest, I was also blank but happy at the same time.

My sister in-laws family were jumping up and down like they had ants in their pants.

My brothers name is Hakopa and the baby's name is Jacob. Jacob in Maori is Hakopa, that is why my brother wanted to name his precious baby - Jacob.

This was a special time for me and my family.




3 comments:

  1. Awesome story Sammy, I like the way you added detail about how everyone was feeling. I would have been anxious too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good sammy becuse you added detail


    by sacred room8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing story Sammy. Congratulations on the new family member! :)

    ReplyDelete