Tuesday 24 March 2015

ASB POLYFEST 2015- Recount by Katrina Leatigaga

Sun shining in my face early in the morning. So pleased and thankful that I was selected to go to the polyfest this year. It was so unbelievable, I felt so lucky.

As we strolled to the bus with enjoyment we were surprised that Miss Tuapawa was driving. “Just can fit” I told myself. As we reached the Poly festival it was jam-packed and parking was pretty occupied so we needed to park at the Flat bush Primary School. That was the only car park we could find.

When we got through there was a lot of food, smoothies, drinks, shouting and lots more. Smelling delicious food and seeing James Cook perform was brilliant. Maybe TWA can perform there one day too.  A lot of people I knew just passed me by like they didn't even know me. About 5 or 6 people.

Angel lost her wallet because her bag was open. When she knew there was money in it, she was angry. When she knew I had found it she was pleased again.

When we finished walking around, like around the whole block, we were exhausted. Before we departed back to school we chillaxed at the Niuean stage with Lusia, Miss Magaoa and Miss Tuapawa .

Alissa had an idea. When she saw people dancing up on the stage, she dared me and said “I’ll give you twenty dollars if you go up and dance” so I did. The funniest thing is that Alissa gave me a box of freddo’s for $3.00 instead of $20. 
By Katrina

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed your day out, Katrina. I can see you have tried using a variety of interesting vocabulary. Love it ! Please remember to finish off your writing with a short conclusion, summing up your day out. Keep up the fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete